4.1.13

Divorced Family with Children

My neighbors are in the middle of an ugly divorce and her children are friends of my children. It is too ugly for my oldest child to become a part of, so I am trying to pull back from the friendship. I am thinking of having my child moved to another class as they are in the same class right now. It might be better, but I am not sure how the principal would react to this request. It is a little late to ask to be moved. Are you sure this needs to happen? In class, the students will have the least amount of time to talk about home issues. On the playground and before and after school is when the children will talk. If you are not moving homes or schools, then I would say moving classrooms probably won’t help much. There are many kids in this same situation. Kids cannot hide from divorce these days and many will know friends who experience it. Those kids in the middle of the divorce probably need a friend, and I remember being one of those kids myself. But I do agree, it is not your kids’ job to save them. Still, be mindful of how sensitive this issue is. It is their parents who are fighting. At least from what you wrote here, it does not seem like the kids did anything wrong.

No comments:

Stat Counter